As Christmas approaches, and we are reminded of the star shining brightly in the night sky, leading the way to Christ, we wanted to share with you 5 points of encouragement:
- Alpha Course: praise God for an inspiring Holy Spirit week-end during which one of the guests, a young lad (also a professional guitarist!) who’s been attending church said: “after this week-end, I feel I can fully identify myself as a ‘Christian'”. It was great to see other young Christians stepping out and sharing pictures and words they received from God. All have grown closer together and closer to God and it’s been a great journey!
- Church-planting national forum: David was recently blessed with the invitation to take part in a national ‘learning community’ initiative around church-planting. Along with 3 others from the Fédération (including the General Secretary and development director), and 7 other denominations, it was a chance to build new friendships, reinforce others, pray and strategise about church-planting across the country. A fabulous opportunity and encouragement to see denominations sharing together!
- Update on S.: She is recovering from having her gall bladder removed as a precautionary measure and been greatly blessed by some new developments at work, and seeing God taking care of those He loves!!
- Carol Singing in Salinelles: 8 members of the church got together to work on 7-8 carols (mainly in French, though they did manage to sing “Joy to the World” in English with pretty good accents!), as we put on a Christmas singing initiative in the village of Salinelles. About 50 people attended, with around 30 people not directly connected with church: great conversations, carols, chocolate and cakes were shared!
- Children’s Celebration: this Sunday (15/12), we have a special christmas all-age service, and have been blessed by 4 families from Calvisson (contacts through the breakfasts) accepting invitations. Please pray that they come along, and are touched by God’s gifts to them, supremely, of course, in Christ!
We give thanks to God for these signs of hope, and pray that you may know the joy and peace of this advent season!