“Let’s take some time to be still, to be open to the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Feel free to share any Scripture, pictures, words, that He may bring to mind”. As we gave some space to God during a recent Sunday service, David was thinking the main impression he had was a real sensation of God’s presence; that He wanted to draw near.
At that moment, Claire-Lise spoke out, sharing how she felt God wanting to be close to us, to embrace us with His presence. Another lady then subsequently shared how she had felt God so close, almost like a tangible touch on her face. The service leader then shared a word about God being close to those He loved.
Such encouragement when several people at the same time sense and confirm what they feel God is doing. We have seen some tangible signs of God’s presence and work by His Spirit recently and give Him thanks and all praise:
- Several people in a short space of time taking steps to give their lives to Christ, including two we are preparing for baptism, and 3 out of 4 members of the same family
- The awe-inspiring openness of one of our friends to talk about faith
- New poetry and songs emerging written by French Christians and in a French style
- God-given encounters in the streets of Calvisson as we walk, pray and share
- God speaking to us by His word
We give thanks to God for what He is doing and pray for more! That the little rivulets would turn into raging streams of His Presence. Please pray in particular for our monthly Sunday breakfast ‘drop-ins’ that we would like to start on the 26th May, initially piloting with some good friends we’ve made.
Thanks and praise to Him!